Famous Canadian Rocky Mountains Sites close to Deere Ridge Cabins
Visit some of these spectacular settings and enjoy the easy drive day trip activities in the Canadian Rocky Mountains:
Yoho National Park – visit Takakkawa Falls, Emerald Lake
Jasper National Park – Columbia Icefields, Athabasca Falls
Banff National Park – Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Johnston Canyon
Kootenay National Park – Continental Divide, Stanley Glacier, Marble Canyon, Floe Lake and Radium Hot Springs to name just a few…
Golden – One of the highest gondola rides in the Rockies.
The Canadian Rocky Mountains Are Closer Than You Think
Located in the spectacular B.C. Rockies only 90 minutes southwest of the town of Banff. Nestled just outside the southwest corner of Kootenay National Park between the Rocky and Purcell Mountain ranges. The Class “A” highways are well maintained and the drive through Banff and Kootenay National Parks is one of the most scenic in the world.
Directions to Our Location in the Canadian Rocky Mountains
By Car – turn south of Trans Canada #1 hwy onto highway 93 to Radium Hot Springs. Travel south on Highway 93/95 to Invermere (10)km. Watch for highway signs as you pass Eagle Ranch Golf Course entrance.
By Air – Calgary International is only (2.5) hours. Serving all major Carriers and ground transportation options. Three airports are close by Invermere, Fairmont, and Cranbrook. Cranbrook is the largest airport and only (1) hour south. Regular Air Canada flights in and out of Cranbrook, car rental, etc available.
|To Deere Ridge (Invermere)||kms||miles|
|Banff, AB||150||94 approx. 90 mins|
|Bonners Ferry U.S.||250||156|
|Calgary, AB||273||171 approx. 2.5 hrs|
|Golden, BC||127||79 approx. 1 hour|
|Kamloops, BC||430||269 approx. 5 hrs|
|Lake Louise, AB||149||93 approx. 90 mins|
|Spokane, Wa||474||296 approx. 5 hrs|
|Waterton Park, Mt||458||286|
Recreation in the Canadian Rocky Mountains
Our beautiful Mountain Area is recognized as a four season recreational Wonderland. The recreation activities listed below are either onsite or near Deere Ridge.
- World Famous Radium Hot Springs Pools. (10 minutes)
- Full service Day Spa (Less then 5 minutes)
- Bird watching (Wetlands one of the largest in Canada)tours available
- Golfing (12 courses nearby) Eagle Ranch, Copper Point & The Ridge are our Neighbors, Radium Springs, Windermere and Famous Grey Wolf are just minutes away.
- Golf driving range (less then 5 minutes)
- Mini Putt Golf course (Less then 5 minutes)
- Horse back trail riding
- Beaches and Lakeside picnic grounds (less then 3 minutes)
- Boating/kayak/canoe rentals (less then 3 minutes)
- White water rafting tours (10 minutes)
- Helicopter/airplane glider sight seeing tours (5 minutes)
- Fishing several locations within our enter area
- Hiking/biking trails
- World class downhill/cross country and Heli skiing
- Invermere Charming Town Center (Summertime Free Farmers Market)
- Dining & Shopping options are close by. Visitors discover the areas delightful slower pace and small-town charm. Not as commercial as Banff and area.
- Radium Natural Hot Springs/Spa/pools (10 minutes north)
- Fairmont Natural Hot Springs (15 minutes south)
- Kootenay National Park Entrance (10 minutes)
- Invermere Town centre Shops/Pubs/Dining. Delightful slower pace and small-town charm. Not as commercial as Banff and area (3 minutes)
- Local Artisans/crafts and Glass Blowing Gallery (3 minutes)
- Nearest Beach/Boat Launch/Rental (2 minutes)
- Invermere Old Town Heritage Museum (3 minutes)
- Walking distance to Coffee shops/pubs/restaurants (5 minutes)
- Calgary International Airport approx 2.5 hours
- Cranbrook International Rocky Mountain Airport and Rental Cars approx 1.10 min